- Carbon storage
The use of nature’s own structural materials in construction offers an environmentally friendly solution to Western Australia. Timber is a net carbon absorber even when built into homes. The long-term storage of carbon helps in the fight against climate change.
- Aesthetic appeal
- Innovative products
- Manufacturing efficiency and flexibility
- Range of applications. For example, multiple cladding choices, the possibilities with timber are limited only by imagination.
- Timber framed homes have little effect on the operation of wireless and transmitting equipment
- Acoustic performance
- Structural performance
- Thermal performance
Timber framed homes offer superior strength through the use of versatile timber materials in the form of beams, stud frames, flooring or large timber cassettes or panels. This allows countless design advantages. Modern timber construction is the most commonly used construction method in Australia.
- Ease in fabrication and installation
- Ease of future modifications / additions
- Lightweight construction, is also a great option for building in hill areas or on plastic soils
- Compared to double brick at 230 to 250mm thick, framed external walls at 90 to 120mm thick can be a significant space saver on tight blocks
- Efficient in construction, including the running of services
Timber is easy and hassle free to work with and along with it being a light weight construction material, it requires little in the way of heavy lifting equipment, helping to contribute to a safer work site.
If you have any more questions about our specifications, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.